Thursday 19 September 2013

Effect of Slapsgiving episode of HIMYM

Hello everybody,
I went for shopping today. It was good. I came back in the evening, had tea and as usual started with the episode of HIMYM.

It was the Slapsgiving episode. Marshal and Lilly host a Thanksgiving dinner with Ted, Barney, Robin and Robin's date Bob. The night before, everybody plan to meet up at Robin's for baking pies. Ted arrives around 9:30 and everybody had already left. So it was just Ted and Robin. Together, alone.

Its awkward for both of them. They have absolutely nothing to say or talk. But being friends with your ex is awkward. So they start talking and within no time they hit an arguement. So Ted decides to leave and then they say sorry to each other and hug. But that hug was the start of a romantic night. They makeout. Now without discussing it, Ted leaves for home and Robin goes into the kitchen. Next day, they try to talk it out and reach on a conclusion that they cant be friends.

Now the point of me telling you this story is simple. I went through the same situation. And watching this episode has reminded me of my girlfriend Monica (changed the name). Monica and I dated for a long time. Years. She is my first love. We were in college when we met and then after I went abroad, we broke up. Long distance relationship, sigh. So after watching this episode I realised that it so much resembles Monica and my relationship. Youre dating then you break up and you try to avoid each other everytime.

So, in the end while having dinner, Robin and Ted say something together. They did that when they were a couple. Suddenly they realise that they arent done with each other. I wonder if me and Monica are done with each other? We talked, we met but it was all awkward. What if we are in a situation together, alone? What would happen? I dont know. But theres a big question mark in front of me right now. Are we really done with each other? Or is there any spark still left? If yes, then shall it sparkle again or be watered upon to destroy it completely?

Sometimes, such things make you realise what you need, what youre missing and what needs to be done. I dont know what needs to be done. But one thing is for sure, I wanna spend a moment with Monica, together, alone. And see what happens. You never know !


Stay blessed everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment